September is my favorite month! (December is a very very close runner-up, though.) This whole “back to school” thing still gets me. New pencils, fresh notebooks, clean calendar pages. Time to get after it!
Things I want to do this month:
- stand-up paddleboarding on the Charles
- kayaking (maybe tomorrow! fingers crossed we don’t have thunderstorms!)
- visit the New England Aquarium
- spend a day at the MFA, particularly excited for She Who Tells a Story, Hippie Chic, Rembrandt the Etcher, and East 100th Street
- hit up one of the weekend Freedom Trail 5ks
- get in at least one more beach day
- take a day trip to hike another new-to-me mountain
Already scheduled events:
- Boston Ballet’s Night of Stars at Boston Common
- Pink House housewarming party
- All The Way at American Repertory Theater
- Open Hardware Summit at MIT
- Internet Book Club’s first Hangout (for Junot Diaz’s This is How You Lose Her)
- Classes! Ideas of the Twentieth Century through edX and Foundations of Business Strategy through Coursera
- stock up on pumpkin beers for October (yep, I’ve pushed out pumpkin kickoff to October 1)
- watch all the football
- no sleeping in on weekends (how else will I get to do all of these fun things?!)
- read more books!
- relearn how to knit so as to be able to make [redacted] for [redacted]
- all the running, yoga, spinning, lifting heavy things I can handle
- resume working with Healthworks Community Fitness – summer vacation is over, time to work ya’ll
What’s missing from my list? What are you favorite things to do in September?